Press Relations Leads
Previous Experience : Not Required
Type of Work : Voluntary
Hours Per Week : 4 a week
What you will do
- Work with the Board to implement the Communications Strategy.
- Attend any Press Relations meetings held by Volt Europa & coordinate on any pan-European efforts or Volt’s Member of European Parliament efforts.
- Ensure the Press Relations objectives are being implemented, and be involved in drafting and publishing.
- Write Press Releases and send them to media houses & journalists.
- Work on establishing relationships with journalists with the support of the Board.
- Involved in drafting the newsletter and organising a schedule.
- Manage the email@example.com email.
- Support members in writing blog posts and aid them in drafting them, and in sending them to media houses.
What you should bring
- Optional but preferred experience in drafting press releases.
- Ability to write clearly and effectively in English (required) and Maltese (preferred but would be supported by Translation Leads).
- The ability to identify opportunities and risks.
- The ability to set and meet specific goals.
- 4 hours (less when you have a co-lead) on average that you can invest every week
- A realistic sense of how much time and energy you can invest (don’t burn yourself out!)
I nterested in applying? Email Volt Malta's Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line - Press Relations Leads - informing of your interest to take up the role and a meeting will be set up!