The Culture sector has often been forgotten and neglected by the Government. This is especially memorable in the time of the COVID-19 pandemic. Let's help it flourish.
- Locate and support the establishment of an Artist Commune space for Malta’s artists.
- A suggested location; White Rocks.
- Facilitate the creation of inclusive cooperation of cooperatives and/or societies of cooperatives for artists and creatives of different types who would reside and/or work in the area.
- Create a sustainable development plan led by the artist cooperative and includes but is not limited to;
- Accommodation for residents, prioritising accommodation for members of the artist cooperative;
- Accommodation for tourists, operated by the artist cooperative;
- Exhibitions operated by the artist cooperative;
- Retail outlets operated by the artist cooperative;
- Eateries which would be operated by persons both from the commune;
- Ensure minimal government interference in direction of development to ensure organic creation.
- The government would be involved by ensuring health and safety standards are met & support the development of the space sustainably.
- Provide grants for projects proposed by the cooperatives/societies, which would be overlooked by an integrity pact.
- Create a Museum of Mediterranean Cultures displaying Malta’s cultural development and influences from various cultures, based on history and events.
- Cooperate with cultural authorities from countries and areas which have influenced Malta’s cultural heritage.